This blog is my way of bringing together something I love (traveling) with something I’m pretty good at (writing). I haven’t turned traveling into a full-time career (yet), but I do take at least one international trip each year, in addition to some trips around the US. I love to travel anywhere, but London (and the UK in general) will always have a special place in my heart, so you’ll see me writing more about that city than anywhere else.
Outside of traveling, I work in HR in corporate America and live in St. Paul, MN. I have a great husband and some of the best friends a guy could ask for. I’ve spent my whole life living in the Midwest (Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota), including my undergrad years at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. It was while I was in college that my love of travel started blossoming. I sort of fell into a major in Spanish, which opened my eyes to different languages and cultures. In 2000, I started attending Doctor Who conventions (it’s my favorite show – you should check it out!) and started meeting friends from different parts of the world (mainly the UK), so that inspired me to take my first international trip in 2003 and I haven’t looked back since! Although the UK (and London in particular) will always be my favorite place to visit, my goal is to see as much of the world as I can.
Since that first international trip in 2003, I have visited the following places:
- Argentina – Buenos Aires, Iguazú
- Belgium – Bruges, Brussels
- Canada – Montreal, Quebec City
- Czech Republic – Prague
- England – Brighton, Cambridge, Canterbury, London, Manchester, Oxford, and a few other places
- France – Paris
- Germany – Berlin, Munich (including Linderhof Palace and Neuschwanstein Castle)
- Hungary – Budapest
- India – Bangalore, Agra
- Ireland – Dublin
- Italy – Rome, Pompeii, Florence, Cinque Terre, Pisa
- Mexico – Cancún
- Netherlands – Amsterdam
- Poland – Warsaw
- Scotland – Edinburgh, Loch Ness
- Spain – Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia
- Switzerland – Zurich
- Vatican City
- Wales – Cardiff, Swansea
- USA – Various cities and states, including: Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York City, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Philadelphia, Orlando, San Francisco, San Juan (Puerto Rico), Washington DC
Curious where I’m headed next? Be sure to check out my blog proper for all the juicy details, but here’s a rundown of what I have on my travel itinerary for the next few months:
- October 2018 – jolly old England for a week-long solo trip to London.
- December 2018 – a long weekend in NYC just before Christmas. What could be better?!
- February 2019 – a week(ish) in Los Angeles to attend my favorite Doctor Who convention, Gallifrey One.
- March 2019 – a spring break getaway in Orange Beach, Alabama. Spring break on the Gulf Coast!
As you can see above, I haven’t been all the way around the world (yet) and I have focused my time mostly on Europe so far, but I’m definitely looking forward to visiting a LOT more places in the future.
Don’t think all you get to do is read though – I’d love to hear from you, too! Whether you’re a traveler yourself or just someone who likes to read blogs, feel free to leave comments, questions, and thoughts on my posts.
PS – Be sure to follow me on Instagram by clicking the badge below! Even when I’m not traveling, I post pictures from my various travels regularly. And check out some photos of me around the world below!
Punting on the River Cam in Cambridge, England.
Enjoying the views from the top of Mount Royal in Montreal, Canada.
The Taj Mahal in Agra, India.
Mysore Palace in Mysore, India.
The Blue Lagoon near Reykjavik, Iceland.
Amazing views in Bergen, Norway.
Great old European buildings in Tallinn, Estonia.
The Hoover Dam near Las Vegas, USA.
Neuschwanstein Castle in Hohenschwangau, Germany.
The Astronomical Clock in Prague, Czech Republic.
Tower Bridge in London, England (my favorite view in London!).
Cruising the canals in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
On top of the world at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
The Oso y el Madroño statue in Madrid, Spain.
Holding up the Leaning Tower in Pisa, Italy.
Manarola, one of the five villages of the Cinque Terre in Italy.
Mt. Vesuvius near Pompeii, Italy.
Old Town in Warsaw, Poland.
The Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, Ireland.
The top of Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The Manneken Pis in Brussels, Belgium.