This blog is my way of bringing together something I love (traveling) with something I’m pretty good at (writing). I haven’t turned traveling into a full-time career (yet), but I do take at least one international trip each year, in addition to some trips around the US. I love to travel anywhere, but London (and the UK in general) will always have a special place in my heart, so you’ll see me writing more about that city than anywhere else.
Outside of traveling, I work in HR in corporate America and live in St. Paul, MN. I have a great husband and some of the best friends a guy could ask for. I’ve spent my whole life living in the Midwest (Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota), including my undergrad years at Creighton University in Omaha, NE. It was while I was in college that my love of travel started blossoming. I sort of fell into a major in Spanish, which opened my eyes to different languages and cultures. In 2000, I started attending Doctor Who conventions (it’s my favorite show – you should check it out!) and started meeting friends from different parts of the world (mainly the UK), so that inspired me to take my first international trip in 2003 and I haven’t looked back since! Although the UK (and London in particular) will always be my favorite place to visit, my goal is to see as much of the world as I can.
Since that first international trip in 2003, I have visited the following places:
- Argentina – Buenos Aires, Iguazú
- Belgium – Bruges, Brussels
- Canada – Montreal, Quebec City
- Czech Republic – Prague
- England – Brighton, Cambridge, Canterbury, London, Manchester, Oxford, and a few other places
- France – Paris
- Germany – Berlin, Munich (including Linderhof Palace and Neuschwanstein Castle)
- Hungary – Budapest
- India – Bangalore, Agra
- Ireland – Dublin
- Italy – Rome, Pompeii, Florence, Cinque Terre, Pisa
- Mexico – Cancún
- Netherlands – Amsterdam
- Poland – Warsaw
- Scotland – Edinburgh, Loch Ness
- Spain – Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia
- Switzerland – Zurich
- Vatican City
- Wales – Cardiff, Swansea
- USA – Various cities and states, including: Chicago, Dallas, Denver, New York City, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Orlando, San Francisco, San Juan (Puerto Rico), Washington DC
This past year (2017) was a little quieter on the travel front, but I still made my annual trip to LA for Gallifrey One, spent a week on the Gulf Coast with my husband and his parents, took a week-long trip to the UK (London, Brighton, and Cambridge – also with my husband), and made a quick trip to Long Island, New York to attend the L.I. Who 5 Doctor Who convention.
So what about 2018? Here’s what’s on my travel itinerary for the next few months:
- January 2018 – another trip to jolly old England! I’m spending a week in London, but may try to sneak in a day trip as well.
- February 2018 – Los Angeles, California to attend my favorite Doctor Who convention, Gallifrey One.
As you can see above, I haven’t been all the way around the world (yet) and I have focused my time mostly on Europe so far, but I’m definitely looking forward to visiting a LOT more places in the future.
Don’t think all you get to do is read though – I’d love to hear from you, too! Whether you’re a traveler yourself or just someone who likes to read blogs, feel free to leave comments, questions, and thoughts on my posts.
PS – Be sure to follow me on Instagram by clicking the badge below! Even when I’m not traveling, I post pictures from my various travels regularly. And check out some photos of me around the world below!