bergen, california, cancun, convention, copenhagen, denmark, doctorwho, doctorwhoconvention, estonia, europe, finland, helsinki, iceland, internationaltravel, lasvegas, losangeles, mariahcarey, mexico, nevada, norway, oslo, reykjavik, stockholm, sweden, tallinn, thepriceisright, travel, usa, vegas
Has it really been three months since I last posted?! My, how time flies! In that time, I’ve traveled to Chicago (yes, for another Doctor Who convention), to Omaha (over Christmas – gotta head home for the holidays!), and to Los Angeles (if you’ve read my blog before, it should go without saying that I went there for, you guessed it, another convention!). So apparently I’ve been remiss in my travel blogging! You haven’t missed anything major though, so don’t worry. For those of you who can’t bear to miss any details, here’s the 60-second recap of my recent travels:
- Chicago – Chicago TARDIS was as amazing as always! I caught up with friends, worked the convention (as a guest liaison for the amazing Annette Badland), and generally enjoyed myself. It was amazing not having to drive this year! After having done that drive after my Nov 2013 London trip, I opted to take the short flight this year. Totally worth it!
- Omaha – this was my standard six-hour road trip back home for Christmas. Due to life and work schedules, my whole family was actually only together for a couple of hours on 26 December, but it was well worth it. I gave (and got!) some lovely gifts, had fun working in Target stores for a couple of days, and enjoyed spending time with family.
- Los Angeles – hey, at least I just got back from this trip last week, so I’m not too terribly late in blogging about it. 🙂 Gallifrey One was as amazing as it always is. I worked with two more great guests (Nick Briggs and Danny Hargreaves), had the BEST time with my friends (especially my lovelies, Matt and Jason, with whom I laughed so hard on a few occasions that I thought I would surely pass out), and marveled (yet again) at how quickly time always seems to fly there.
How’s that for power-blogging? 🙂 Of course, I realized that I had to get caught up because…TRIPS! Yes, that’s right, there’s more travel on the horizon for me. In fact, I have no fewer than FOUR trips coming up soon. I don’t normally have that many queued up at once, but I’m aiming to be ahead of the curve this year! Here’s what’s on deck for me:
- Mexico – yes, just like last year, my friends and I decided we needed to have another warm-weather getaway this year. We’re staying at the GR Solaris Cancún, another all-inclusive resort that just happens to be next door to the one we stayed at last year (we didn’t even plan it that way – honest!). Even though I said we planned on only doing adults-only resorts, this one isn’t adults-only. I have no issue with kids, but I do have issues with parents who don’t appropriately wrangle their kids, so keep an eye on the blog to see how well this goes. 🙂
- Los Angeles – no, you aren’t seeing double – I’m going there again! Scott has a work event in Anaheim in April, so I’m going to tag along for the ride. The hotel is covered and the flight was pretty cheap, so I figured, why not? I was originally just going to work from there and soak up a little extra sun, but we decided to tack on a couple of days. Not sure what we’re going to do yet, but we have planned a dinner at Sur in West Hollywood and…we have tickets to a Price is Right taping!! This is something I’ve wanted to do since I was a kid, so I am VERY excited. To be honest, I rarely watch the show anymore, but this was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up. And who knows – maybe me or Scott will get to COME ON DOWN!!!
- Las Vegas – so, we’re going to Vegas…in the summer…in July, to be exact. It’s going to be hot as hell, but I don’t care. My favorite musician and diva, Mariah Carey, is doing a residency at The Colosseum, so Scott and I, along with a few friends, have almost-front row tickets for one of her shows. Another event I’m SO excited for! I’ve never seen her in concert before, so it’s going to be a great time. Vegas doesn’t really appeal to me (I’ve only been there once and it was for a work conference), but the company and activities will be great. The fact that we got a great deal on a room at Treasure Island and that we’re using a Companion Certificate to get there (thank you, Delta!) make the trip that much better!
- Europe – is anyone surprised that we’ve already started planning our big 2015 trip? If so, you shouldn’t be! We’re heading back to Europe again (a new continent is around the corner, I swear) and we’ll be visiting Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, and Sweden. You’ll read a lot more about this trip in future blog posts, but if you have any initial thoughts/recommendations on anything to see or do in any of those countries, leave a comment. Scandinavia, here we come!
Whew! It’s going to be a busy year. 🙂 Stick with me though – there will be lots of blogging in the near future!